Sunday 30 September 2018

Discone Antenna

This weekend I installed the Albrecht disconne antenna '"Allband'".
It is an omnidirectional discone antenne capable of receiving 25 - 1300 MHz signals.
Transmitting is possible from 50 - 1300 MHz (VHF till 300 Watts, UHF till 200 Watts).
Antenneheigth is appr. 6 m. above sealevel. In the north, east and west direction I have a clear view. 
I used Aircell7 coaxial cable to limit the losses on the higher frequencies.
I was able to receive various 2 m. repeaters in the neighbourhood ( Goes, Rotterdam, Bergen op Zoom) using a Boafeng BJ-218 VHF/UHF transceiver. First contact with this antenna was with PA0RPA via the repeater of Goes (145.775 MHz, 88.5 Hz CTCSS).



                                                         Discone antenna 



Coming period I will do various trials on various frequencies (50 MHz, 70 MHz, 430 MHz) to get an impression how the antenna performs.


Boafeng BJ-218 VHF/UHF transceiver 

No comments:

Post a Comment