Monday 6 January 2020

28 MHz - 432 MHz transverter

I started to work on a transverter that converts 28 MHz (10 m band) to 432 MHz (70 cm band). I use a FT450 to process the 28 MHz signals. At 432 MHz the transverter is capable of delivering about 5 Watts RF. A Power Supply Unit from an old PC was used for the 12V/12 Amp and 5V/20 Amp electrical power supply .




Frontview transverter


The transverter and control board I used were purchased in the Ukraine. See http://transverters-store.com/ and also ebay.


                                           Transverter board


Control board with 50 ohms/10 Watt load


First results are promising. I could listen to repeater signals in FM. I hope it will be possible to work with digimodes later on. I will consider adding a PA stage to increase the RF output (to 10..20 Watts).

3 comments:

  1. Any progress on this project? Did you measure the output power and did you add a PA? I have the same board and would like to hear more of your experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I added a 20 Watt PA. It works fine.

      Delete
    2. See my blog entry of 2 feb 2020..

      Delete