For 8 euro I bought the K150 USB PIC programmer on eBay. Programming software for this programmer is free of charge available on-line. Past years I made some nice designs containing PICs (like 16F628A, 16F877, 12F675) and programmed them with a simple home made programmer (in most cases succesful) connected to the PC’s serial port. It is time for a new programmer since my only PC with serial ports (very old :-) ) suffers from old man diseases like very slow starting.
Now, I must exercise some patience before trying the device. Normally shipments from China take about 3 weeks before they arrive in Holland.
The features offered are very promising:Features:
- Support the most popular programming PIC chips, read, encryption and other features.
- Power supply by USB cable.
- Can easily read the contents of the chip program area.
- Automatic programming verification.
- Comprehensive information prompts, allowing users to understand the working state.
- With 40pin ZIF programming of the seat, can be directly programmed in 8-pin to 40 pin PIC 8.microcontroller chip can be programmed using ICSP online or add conversion blocks.
- 8 pin 40 pin-board outside the chip can be downloaded directly online ICSP output.
- Compatible with Windows98 and Windows2000/NT, Windows XP / Windows 7 and other operating systems.
- Programming software provides easy to use instructions