Thursday 17 April 2014

K150 USB PIC programmer

I could not withstand.
For 8 euro I bought the K150 USB PIC programmer on eBay. Programming software for this programmer is free of charge available on-line. Past years I made some nice designs containing PICs (like 16F628A, 16F877, 12F675) and programmed them with a simple home made programmer (in most cases succesful) connected to the PC’s serial port. It is time for a new programmer since my only PC with serial ports (very old :-)  ) suffers from old man diseases like very slow starting.
Now, I must exercise some patience before trying the device. Normally shipments from China take about 3 weeks before they arrive in Holland.




The features offered are very promising:
Features:
  • Support the most popular programming PIC chips, read, encryption and other features.
  • Power supply by USB cable.
  • Can easily read the contents of the chip program area.
  • Automatic programming verification.
  • Comprehensive information prompts, allowing users to understand the working state.
  • With 40pin ZIF programming of the seat, can be directly programmed in 8-pin to 40 pin PIC 8.microcontroller chip can be programmed using ICSP online or add conversion blocks.
  • 8 pin 40 pin-board outside the chip can be downloaded directly online ICSP output.
  • Compatible with Windows98 and Windows2000/NT, Windows XP / Windows 7 and other operating systems.
  • Programming software provides easy to use instructions

 

 

3 comments:

  1. How did it work for you? I have one too and hoping to program few test chips soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did some basic trials with the device and they were succesful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this. That helped me a lot. I would like to share with you a great service to fill a form online. So here is my saving grace: PDFfiller helped me to fill out the 2013 NOAA Federal Permit App for Vessel Fishing in EEZ and and esign them. Just try it , you'll love it. Here's the link: http://goo.gl/Ms4ebj

    ReplyDelete