Friday 26 July 2013

Building frequency counter in progress

Today I did some drilling work on the case of the frequency counter. The case is an old housing of a PC power supply of which I removed all components. The case has been painted grey and black; cheap solution and I think the result is acceptable. I refuse to pay 15 euro's for a simple casing. 
In the end this counter should be able to measure frequencies up to 2 GHz. I am still waiting for the components of the prescaler (The MB506 and 3 7490 dividers). The design of the pre-scaler can be found on my second posting on this blog. 
The main design is from India. Have a look here:

 http://www.hamradio.in/circuits/freq_counter_lcd.php 

Previous year I built the PIC16F628A version and this counter works fine till frequencies of about 50 MHz.


Inside the counter
Front view

No comments:

Post a Comment